Saturday, July 5, 2008

City Fix


We don't live in the city but this is the style of ride my wife Joelle wanted. Since a Batavus Old Dutch wasn't going to happen for us anytime soon, I decided to make some changes to the Bridgestone fixie conversion and give it to her. She's almost as tall as me so I just had to lower the seatpost a couple of inches and install the components of her choosing (padded saddle and upright handlebars). She loves it and I'm tickled pink that my baby has my old bike.

Here's the parts breakdown:

Frame: 62cm Bridgestone RB-2
Bottom Bracket: Shimano (OEM)
Crank: Sugino (OEM)
Chainring: Sugino 46t
Cog: Surly 17t
Chain: 1/8 inch generic
Pedals: MKS Touring
Rims: Ritchey Vantage Comp (OEM)
Tires: Specialized Armadillo
Rear Hub: White Industries ENO
Front Hub: Shimano Exage (OEM)
Seatpost: American Classic
Saddle: Avocet (OEM)
Stem: Nitto Technomic
Handlebars: Nitto North Road
Grips: generic
Brake Lever: Tektro
Brake: Shimano Exage (OEM)
Bottle Cage: King stainless steel


3 comments:

Antoine said...

It's a beauty.

62cm - You must have a tall wife!

Victor said...

She is 178cm (5'10") but her legs are almost exactly as long as mine (I'm 188cm/6'2"). She's from Danish stock and in the old country, she'd be only average height!

Antoine said...

I'm half Danish myself but have never been there.
That might explain my lanky 6' 5' frame and long legs!