Thursday, April 10, 2008

Love That Brooks


The other day, just as an experiment, I swapped out my Brooks B17 for an old Selle San Marco Titanio saddle that I used to ride. It weighs half what the B17 does not that I really care too much about weight. The Italian saddle had been my seat of choice for years prior to discovering the Joy of Brooks and I just wanted to revisit it after having "gone English" a while back. Well, I rode about three miles, maybe four and it was all over. Got back home, put the Brooks back on the seatpost, tossed the San Marco back into the parts bin and that was that. My wife didn't get it. It's difficult to explain to the uninitiated how a stiff hard leather saddle can be so much more comfortable than something with gel padding but it is. Not just more comfortable but way more comfortable. Mind you I have no affiliation with Brooks nor any dealer that sells Brooks. But if you haven't tried one, you owe it to yourself to experience the best bicycle saddle known to man. The classic good looks are just icing on the cake.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

I tried to explain this to my bike buddies. They wouldn't try it. I enjoyed reading your post. I have B17's on 2 of my bikes and a Team Pro on the other. I love them. And you're right it is hard to explain how something so hard can be so comfortable... But it is...