Wednesday, January 30, 2008

No Turning Back


I hadn't ridden my 14-speed Bridgestone road bike since last summer which is when I first got the Motobecane fixie up and running. It needed some tweaking and besides the Moto was just too much fun. So today I finally got around to replacing a brake cable and doing a few other minor tune-up things to the Bridgestone and took her for a spin. Whoa! Coasting feels very, very strange after all these months of not being able to. Scary strange. It was like I had no control of the bike whatsoever. I was pretty sure I was going to convert the Bridgestone to a fixie but had not made up my mind completely. Until today's ride. I doubt I'll ever ride anything that isn't fixed. I will have to use the very expensive White Industries eccentric rear hub due to the vertical dropouts but it'll be worth it. The bike rides great and the frame is in excellent condition so stay tuned for the build-up posts.

No comments: